Why drive back and forth each day WHEN YOU CAN STAY ON PROPERTY DURING THE CONVENTION! We’re expanding our evening programming with a number of great partners like GLHF in Jacksonville to make sure you have plenty to do during the convention on Saturday night… so why not make a weekend of it by staying on property at the Lexington Hotel & Conference Center on the river?
Rooms at the Lexington are discounted for WasabiCon attendees to only $109 a night. You can make your reservation using this link (http://bit.ly/2ycHglT) or by calling (904) 396-5100 and asking for the WASABICON discount.
WasabiCon is a celebration of pop culture that offers programming for a wide variety of topics including anime, cartoons, comic books, cosplay, fantasy, gaming, music, science fiction, theme parks, video games, and more! Thus, we always open the door for potential panelists each year to present during the event.
We do, though, have a few rules for panels at the convention. Please read these completely before filling out your panel form.
1. ONLY ONE PANEL PER PERSON/GROUP. We want to present a variety of perspectives regarding geek culture and – while we appreciate you hosting a panel – we want to make sure you have the time to enjoy the rest of the convention!
2. ALL PANEL HOSTS MUST BE PAID ATTENDEES OF THE CONVENTION. We don’t offer comp passes for single panel presentations. And we don’t allow more than one panel per person/group. (You can see where we’re going with this.) If you are interested in appearing as a fan group and hosting programming, email us at email@example.com. (Space is limited.)
3, PANEL CONTENT MUST BE APPROPRIATE TO THE THEME OF THE CONVENTION – GEEK CULTURE. A panel about physics wouldn’t really work. A panel about the physics in the Star Trek universe would absolutely work. A panel about the physics in the Stargate universe would make Joey Snackpants a happy camper.
4. ALL PANELS MUST NOT EXCEED A PG-13 RATING. WasabiCon is a convention designed to feature content for all ages. While we may offer some 18+ events, they are tightly regulated and offered late in the evening. (If you are interested in offering 18+ programming, please contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. SCHEDULING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF WASABICON. We will do our best to work with you on scheduling the panel in a time slot that works best for everyone involved. If, for unforeseen reasons, we need to change when your panel is scheduled, we will let you know in advance.
6. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR A/V NEEDS. Can you do your panel without a projector and screen, or is it required? Let us know.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.