Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Artist Alley at WasabiCon 2014! Artists and creators of original content are an important part of the fan convention experience and each year we’ve celebrated this fact by offering discounted space for local talent to sell their commissions, prints, and other handcrafted goods.
Each Artist Alley space comes with: One (1) six foot table, two (2) chairs and one (1) weekend pass to the convention (for the Artist.)
Each space is $75 (plus Eventbrite fees.)
TO GET STARTED, please print, read, and fill out the registration form here:
QUESTIONS? Email Art@WasabiCon.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Hours and policies can be subject to change. The most accurate and up to date information will be posted here at all times.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2014
10:00 PM – 11:55 PM… Artist Setup & Badge Pickup
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2014
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM… Artist Setup & Badge Pickup
12:00 PM – 8:00 PM… Artist Alley Open
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2014
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM… Artist Setup
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM… Artist Alley Open
- All vendors are responsible for adhering to the Convention Rules posted at https://wasabicon.com/about/rules
- All vendors are also responsible for adhereing to the Weapons Policy posted at: https://wasabicon.com/about/weapons
- We will attempt to notify you of your table number and assignment no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the event. Artist’s Alley packets containing badges and any other pertinent paperwork will be available for pickup beginning Friday (See “Section VI: Hours Of Operations” for exact times). Packets must be retrieved and badges worn before you will be allowed to set up your table. No packets will be mailed for any reason.
- Each artist will be allotted one (1) six foot table. No more than three (3) people may sit at the table at a time. This is to avoid overcrowding and being an inconvenience to your neighbors.
- To qualify as a artist, you must be either selling commissions, prints, or other such artwork at your table. Cosplay accessories and wearable items, unless handcrafted by the artist present, are considered standard dealer wares and will not be allowed in the Artist’s Alley. Please keep in mind that the intention of the Artist’s Alley is to help aspiring artists get their names out and is meant to be fun for everyone.
- Various products of the artist are allowed to be sold. However, there is no room for storage so please plan accordingly and only bring what you can handle.
- All artwork MUST be original to the artist selling it. Selling of prints or recreations of any other artist’s work will cause you to be dismissed from Artist’s Alley and your event admission will be revoked without a refund.
- Small merchandise promoting the artist is allowed at the tables, but all of it must be original to the artist selling it. Commercial merchandise is not allowed. If you wish to sell commercial merchandise, then we suggest our Vendor’s Room as an alternative.
- No raffles, lotteries, or contests at Artist’s Alley tables.
- No T-shirt presses allowed.
- Music can be played at the tables, but for the comfort of surrounding artists please keep it to a reasonably low level so as not to disturb your neighbors or require people to shout over it.
- All electronic devices and art must be contained to your table.
- Food and drinks are allowed at the tables (but may not be sold!) as long as no evidence of it is left behind. In short: clean up after yourselves!
- ALL artists in Artist’s Alley MUST have a badge to have a table for each day they are in attendance. Anyone who occupies a table and does not have a badge will be asked to leave the convention area.
- You may not sleep under your table in Artist’s Alley. The event takes place in a hotel; either get a room or go home.
- Artist Alley tables are for artists and creators. Please do not take up a table just so you have somewhere comfortable to hang out during the convention.
- Arist Alley spaces (and related passes) are non-refundable within forty-five (45) days before the event.
- WasabiCon and/or it’s designee reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time for any reason (without a refund.)