Showcase your latest cosplay in our yearly main stage competition.
Each year WasabiCon hosts a Costume Contest where cosplayers can showcase their hard work and devotion to their craft. This year we will be pre-judging entrants in order to maintain a reasonable number of contestants appearing on stage.
SIGNUP & PRE-JUDGING: Saturday 3:00 PM in Mini Events (Room 102)
CONTESTANT CALL TIME & CONFIRMATION: Please stop Main Events (Ballroom North/South) at 4:00 PM at Saturday to confirm you are part of the main competition. Those chosen to proceed past the pre-judging phase will be placed in appearance order.
COMPETITION: Saturday 4:30 PM in Main Events (Ballroom North/South)
- You must have purchased an entry into the convention in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire.
- No bought costumes. Costumes must be 50% crafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume, but this must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are not the maker of your costume and modeling a costume on stage, the creator of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award will go to the creator of the costume.
- All weapons and props must conform with our policies, hotel/conference center rules and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it. You can read our event rules, including our Props Policy, online at https://wasabicon.com/jax/policies/
- Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your Costume Contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- Each costume must be entered separately. The costumes may be presented on stage and prejudged together, however each costume will be judged as a separate entry.
- The contest will be limited to fifty (50) entries total. Entrants are admitted on a first come first serve basis during the signup phase of the event.
- Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to modify, update, or amend these rules at any time.
- Have fun!
Competition Entry Form
You can download and print out your ENTRY FORM and save time by filling it out in advance. Please bring the completed form to the pre-judging.