Media Requests & Releases
Thanks for your interest in WasabiCon. On this page you will find all of our official press releases. If you’re interested in event coverage or interviews, please scroll down (or click here) to Press Requests.
- November 4, 2021, WasabiCon’s Holiday Marketplace Announced for December 4, 2021 in St. Augustine, Florida.
- October 8, 2021, WasabiCon Returns to Jacksonville, Florida
- May 10, 2021, WasabiCon’s Geek Marketplace Announced for June 26, 2021 in St. Augustine, Florida.
- October 15, 2019, WasabiCon is Jacksonville’s Favorite Annual Celebration of Pop Culture.
- February 11, 2019, Jacksonville’s WasabiCon Pop Culture Event Returns for an Eighth Year.
- October 9, 2018, WasabiCon Returns for Year Seven in Jacksonville, Florida.
- October 9, 2017, WasabiCon, Jacksonville’s Favorite Pop Culture Convention, Returns for Year Six.
- October 1, 2016, WasabiCon, Jacksonville’s Own “Comic Con” Returns for Year Five.
- October 27, 2015, WasabiCon Hosts a Wedding, Halloween Costume Contest and More This Weekend.
- October 9, 2015, WasabiCon, Jacksonville’s Favorite “Comic Con” Experience, Returns for Year Four.
- October 29, 2013, WasabiCon, Jacksonville’s Ultimate Pop Culture Convention, is This Weekend.
- February 4, 2013, WasabiCon Returns to Celebrate Anime, Cartoons, Comics, Sci-Fi and Video Games a Second Year.
WasabiCon is a consumer focused media event that centers on local fandom while showcasing a culture that is globally celebrated. If you’re interested in press interviews with staff or our scheduled celebrity talent prior to the convention, you can put in a request with Danielle Garbett for consideration. Her email address is Danielle@GreenMustard.com.
Additionally, we grant a limited number of Press Passes for the purpose of covering and reviewing our convention. If you are interested in attending the event as press, please take the time to read the following expectations and information and then submit the form below. If you have a specific question that isn’t covered here, please email email@example.com.
- Press Passes give the same access as a standard weekend admission ticket. They do NOT grant the wearer special privileges to convention guests or events. We want reports of our convention to be from a “fan perspective.”
- Arrangements to interview any of WasabiCon’s celebrity guests or featured talent must be made directly with the person’s or organization’s representation in advance and approved by Green Mustard Entertainment. Interviews cannot take place during scheduled appearances, panels or signings at the convention. We can put you in touch with the appropriate contact upon press credential approval.
- Print publications (such as newspapers and magazines) are asked to include a website featuring their media for reference.
- Blogs and website-only based media outlets must meet the following criteria:
- Your site must be online and active for at least fourteen (14) months prior to the convention’s scheduled start date, with material available on your site to support this.
- Your site must have a domain of its own. (i.e. http://EXAMPLE.wordpress.com or http://EXAMPLE.blogspot.com are not acceptable. but http://www.EXAMPLE.com is.)
- Podcasts (audio and video) must meet the same requirements as blogs and website-only based media outlets (#4) along with the following:
- Your podcast must have at least twelve (12) complete episodes within fourteen (14) months prior to the convention’s scheduled start date.
- You must have your own equipment and Internet access. WasabiCon will not provide you any technical support or access to the Internet for your podcast. You must be able to operate independently.
- Approved media outlets are granted two (2) Press Passes. Any additional members of your media team will need to purchase admission to the show. Limited exceptions are made on a case-to-case basis.
- Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to refuse (and revoke) Press Passes for any reason at any time.
- Submission of the press pass request form on this page does not guarantee Press Passes. All approved press will receive an email confirmation prior to the convention. If you have not heard from us two weeks prior to the start of the event, feel free to follow up via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit the Press Pass Request Form without any obvious grammar and spelling mistakes as this will, very likely, result in your application being denied.
If you’re having trouble viewing this form, please click here to open it in a new window.