Showcase your latest cosplay in our yearly main stage competition.
Each year WasabiCon hosts a Costume Contest where cosplayers can showcase their hard work and devotion to their craft. Registration to compete takes place the day of the event and slots are limited, so make sure you’ve reviewed the rules on this page before signing up.
SIGN-UP: Sign up before 3:15 PM on Saturday at the Information Desk located next to Registration on the Lobby Level.
EVENT DAY & TIME: Saturday at 4:30 PM; Contestants should arrive at 4:00 PM.
EVENT LOCATION: Main Events (Grand Ballroom II).
- You must have purchased an entry into the convention in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire.
- No bought costumes. Costumes must be 50% crafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume, but this must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are not the maker of your costume and modeling a costume on stage, the creator of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award will go to the creator of the costume.
- All weapons and props must conform with our policies, hotel/conference center rules and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it. You can read our event rules, including our Props Policy, online at https://wasabicon.com/pdx/policies/
- Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your Costume Contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- Each costume must be entered separately. The costumes may be presented on stage and judged together, however each costume will be judged as a separate entry.
- The contest will be limited to fifty (50) entries total. Entrants are admitted on a first come first serve basis during the signup phase of the event.
- Green Mustard Entertainment, Inc. reserves the right to modify, update, or amend these rules at any time.
- Have fun!
- Best in Show
- Best Construction
- Best Makeup
- Best Prop
- Best Wig/Hairstyle
- Judges Award #1
- Judges Award #2
- Judges Award #3