BY POPULAR DEMAND! There seems to be a large My Little Pony (and Bronies!) fan base in the Jacksonville area, so we’ve worked with 3 Muses Clothing to coordinate something special for our MLP Cosplayers. Enter: The (My Little) Pony Pageant!
- Sunday (November 2, 2014) at 1:00 PM – Contest Registration & Pre-Judging in Mini Panels (San Marco). (6o Minutes)
- Sunday (November 2, 2014) at 3:30 PM – Be in Events A (Avondale/Beauclerc) for the event setup; Contestants MUST arrive at this time. (30 Minutes)
- Sunday (November 2, 2014) at 4:00 PM – The Pony Pageant in Events B (Baymeadows) . (90 Minutes)
- You must have purchased an entry into WasabiCon 2013 in order to enter/present on stage for the Pony Pageant.
- The Pony Pageant is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire).
- All costumes must be based on existing Ponies from My Little Pony (any incarnation of the show). No original ponies are allowed.
- Be creative! The more you put into your Pony costume, the more you will wow the judges! And it is a pageant, you want to WOW those judges!
- All weapons and props must conform to WasabiCon rules, hotel and convention center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it.
- Please provide reference images of your pony. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your pageant registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- The contest will be limited to 40 entries total. (NOTE: Pony Pageant entry forms are available at the convention ONLY. You may pick them up at Registration when you pick up your badge/wristband for the convention.)
- Every pony must be present for prejudging. Prejudging will take place between 1:00pm – 2:00pm on Sunday in Panels Room A. The pageant will then take place on Sunday at 4pm in Mane Events (yes, it is spelled Main Events on the schedule, we are just being clever).
- WasabiCon reserves the right to modify, update, or amend the rules at any time… just in case.
- Have fun!
- Best In Show
- Runner Up
- Judges Awards